This highly innovation online Black history course is based on the book How to Unlock Your Genius Using Black History by the award winning author and educationalist David Simon.
It is a course designed for those who want to take action to help develop their community. Students will also have to undertake eight hours of homework assignments using the Simon Education eLearning MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) which consists of video, podcasts, lecture notes and key links to Black development resources.
1. How to become a research activist
2. How to defeat the spell of family destruction
3. How to use African art as cultural therapy
4. How to use classical African cosmology
5. How to become a superhero
6. How to become a revolutionary
7. How to build Black social organisations
8. How to be the solution
Duration: 8 weeks
Delivery: via interactive virtual classrooms
Fee: £80 for the course
Time/date: 7pm on Thursdays
Duration: one hour and thirty minutes per week (plus eight hours of homework using the Simon Education MOOC)
Start date: June 2019