This highly innovation online Black history course is based on the book How to Unlock Your Genius Using Black History by the award winning author and educationalist David Simon.
It is a course designed for those who want to take action to help develop their community. Students will also have to undertake eight hours of homework assignments using the Simon Education eLearning MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) which consists of video, podcasts, lecture notes and key links to Black development resources.
1. How to become a research activist
2. How to defeat the spell of family destruction
3. How to use African art as cultural therapy
4. How to use classical African cosmology
5. How to become a superhero
6. How to become a revolutionary
7. How to build Black social organisations
8. How to be the solution
Module 1 Homework: On the Life of Dr John Henrik Clarke
Module 2 Homework: On Ancient Africa
Module 3 Homework: On African Art
Module 4 Homework: On Ancient Africa
Module 5 Homework: On Early Christianity
Duration: 8 weeks
Delivery: via Zoom
Fee: Free first module only. Module 2 to 8 require donations.
Time/date: 3pm on Saturdays
Duration: Two hours per week (plus eight hours of homework)
Start date: Saturday 17th April 2021
Enrolment: Click here